Hobbit Day is the birthday of the hobbits Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, two fictional characters in J. R. R. Tolkien’s popular set of books The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. In the books both Bilbo and Frodo were said to be born on September 22, but of different years. Bilbo was born in the year of 2890 and Frodo in the year of 2968 in the Third Age.
More fun and useless facts:
- 1 out of 2500 babies is born with a tooth
- 10 completely obvious and useless facts about our body
- CPR can double or triple a persons chance of survival after cardiac arrest
- As soon as tiger shark embryos develop teeth, they attack and eat each other in the womb
- A red blood cell can make a complete circuit of your body in 20 seconds