Here are more facts you can amaze your friends with! For more useless facts, click here.
- A study by University Chicago in 1915, it concluded that the easiest color to spot at a distance is the color yellow. Which is why the most popular color for taxi cabs are yellow.
- Japanese police declare murders that they cannot solve as suicides, in order to save faces and keep crime rate artificially low.
- The smallest poisonous frogs only 10 millimeters (0.393701 inches) in length.
- Farting helps to reduce blood pressure and is good for your overall health.
- In 1994, the US Air Force did research on creating a gay bomb (are informal names for a theoretical non-lethal chemical weapon) which is a non-lethal bomb containing very strong human sexual pheromones that would make the enemy forces attracted to each other.
- There are around 1,584 people in the United States named “Seven”.
- The classic heart shape that we all know was meant to be two hearts fused together.
- The water we drink is older than the sun. The sun is 4.6 billion years old.
- The water on our planet is very old. The water we have now is the same water that existed hundreds of millions of year ago. The next time you drink a glass of water, you could be about to sip on dinosaur pee.
- Meanwhile, about 40% of Americans think humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time.
Those facts are so hilarious!
- Nobody knows who named our planet “Earth”.
- Michael Nicholson from Michigan. He has one bachelor’s degree, two associate’s degrees, 22 master’s degrees, three specialist degrees, and one doctoral degree, making him the most credentialed person in history. [source]
- Practicing a kill in your head will make you better at it, but only if you’re already good at it.
- If two identical twins have children with another pair of identical twins, then their children will genetically be full siblings.
- In Biertan village (located in Transylvania, Romania) the church had a “divorce-reconciliation room.” Couples that wanted to get a divorce had to live in a room for two weeks with one small bed, one chair, one table, one plate, and one spoon. In 300 years, they only had one divorce.
- Killing a panda in China is a serious crime. It is punishable by death.
- December 4th is the National Cookie Day!
- Beards can slow the aging process by stopping water from leaving the skin, keeping it moisturized.
- A survey found that 33% of men and 43% of women claimed that they had fallen in love with someone they did not initially find attractive. [source]
- Most people dream in color, but those who grow up watching television in black and white are more likely to dream in black and white.
They are funny, isn’t it!
- Mixing your drinks with diet soda can get you drunk about 18% faster than regular soda. Hmmm…
- The number of H2O molecules in 10 drops of water is roughly equal to the total amount of stars in the universe.
- Octopuses have copper-based blood instead of iron-based blood, which is why their blood is blue rather than red.
- Also, they have three hearts and nine brains
- The hormones responsible for your growth are only produced when you sleep.
- You touch your face an average of once every three minutes. And you properly touched your face after you read it.
- People who sleep less than six hours a night are 4.2 times more likely to catch a cold compared to those who get more than seven hours of sleep.
- Dogs can make about 100 different facial expressions.
- Iceland has no army as is often recognized as the most peaceful country in the world.
- Shigeru Miyamoto – maker of Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong – is not allowed to bike to work because his safety is too important to Nintendo.
There are more!
- Every year, women lose approximately 1.73 billion bobby pins.
- Dolphins give each other “names” – Specific sounds that they use to call friends and family.
- Chimpanzee babies like to play with dolls – They’ll make dolls out of sticks and rocks for themselves.
- Squirrels plant thousands of trees every year, simply by forgetting where they put their acorns.
- Koalas can sleep for up to 20 hours a day.
- The average woman will spend one full year of her life trying to decide what to wear. [source]
- The average woman owns eight times more makeup than she actually uses.
- Rainbows that appear at night are called “moonbows.”
- 100 million years ago, crocodiles had long legs and could gallop after their prey. [source]
- The real Top Gun school give a $5 fine to any staff member that quotes the movie. [source]
For more useless facts, visit our Useless Facts page.