Actual questions asked to park officials at various National Parks:
Grand Canyon National Park:
- Was this man-made?
- Do you light it up at night?
- I bought tickets for the elevator to the bottom – where is it?
- Is the mule train air-conditioned?
- So where are the faces of the presidents?
Everglades National Park:
- Are the alligators real?
- Are the baby alligators for sale?
- Where are all the rides?
- What time does the two o’clock bus leave?
Mesa Verde National Park:
- Did people build this, or did Indians?
- Why did they build the ruins so close to the road?
- Do you know of any undiscovered ruins?
- What did they worship in the kivas – their own made-up religion?
- Why did the Indians decide to live in Colorado?
Carlsbad Caverns National Park:
- How much of the cave is underground?
- So what’s in the unexplored part of the cave?
- Does it ever rain in here?
- How many Ping-Pong balls would it take to fill this up?
- So what is this – just a hole in the ground?
Yosemite National Park:
- Where are the cages for the animals?
- What time of year do you turn on Yosemite Falls?
- What happened to the other half of Half Dome?
- Can I get my picture taken with the carving of President Clinton?
Denali National Park:
- What time do you feed the bears?
- What’s so wonderful about Wonder Lake?
- Can you show me where yeti lives?
- How often do you mow the tundra?
- How much does Mount McKinley weigh?
Yellowstone National Park:
- Does Old Faithful erupt at night?
- How do you turn it on?
- We had no trouble finding the park entrances, but where are the exits?